November 12, 2012 by Sarah
Happy Monday! Hope everyone had a great weekend!
As we start off the week, I wanted to share something that has been a vital part to us eating healthy meals regularly. Can you guess what that may be? … meal planning!
I have learned that by planning ahead, I can have exactly what I need on hand to make delicious, healthy meals throughout the week without even thinking about it. I never come home and have the “What do you want for dinner?” conversation with Mark because we already know.
It can be tempting to just pick up a pizza or grab carry out on those busy nights, but I am much less likely to do that if I know I have something at home that is quick to make or ready to go (love the crock pot!).
A meal plan should be flexible enough that you can swap things around if something comes up or you are not craving what is planned. It’s not set in stone, it’s just a plan!
I am looking forward to sharing our weekly meals on this blog for a lot of reasons:
– I am often asked if I eat “boring” food all the time to lose/maintain my weight loss. That is absolutely not true and after hearing my response, the next question is…”Can you make me a meal plan?” Well Mom… here you go! 🙂 It’s not hard to make delicious, healthy meals and I hope I can help you do just that.
– I LOVE healthy living blogs. I mostly stick to running and blogs that post healthy recipes, but I am open to others if you have suggestions. I would love to link you to other bloggers that I think are fantastic.
– This will be a great way for me to easily go back and find those recipes that I really love and want to remake. I really enjoy trying new recipes, so I rarely use the same recipe twice. However, you sometimes come across a recipe that is so awesome that you can’t wait to make it again and share it with everyone you know. Hence the blog.
So here is what this will look like…
1. I will be posting a weekly meal plan and occasionally a glimpse at our shopping list (if that is of interest to anyone).
2. I will post the weekly meal plan on Saturday or Sunday for the following week.
3. I will mainly be focusing on dinner recipes. I plan out what we will eat for dinner during the week and then buy many of the same staples for breakfast and lunch. The weekends are the exact opposite – that’s when those great weekend breakfast recipes can take center stage!
So there you go, that’s the plan… for the plan? Yep, that just happened. A total type A personality moment. Embrace it, it can come in handy with meal planning.
I will be posting our meals for this week later today.
Do you plan your meals ahead of time? If so, do you plan all your meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) or focus on one (like dinner)?