January 9, 2013 by Sarah
Today I did my weigh-in and I’m happy to report that I am down 5 pounds! I was hoping this week would be a big weight loss week after getting back into the swing of things.
Here is a recap of my “meals and moves” from yesterday…
I was in a snack-y mood yesterday!
- Breakfast: banana with approximately 1 T of Dark Chocolate Dreams Peanut Butter (YUM!)
- Mid-morning snack: diced cantaloupe
- Lunch: salad with grilled chicken and gorgonzola crumbles; peach truffle
- Mid-afternoon snack: baby carrots and 1 oz roasted almonds
- Dinner: Southwest turkey burger with corn salsa on romaine with a side of broccoli – all topped with 1 oz of shredded cheddar cheese (It looks like a mess, but it was delicious!)
- Evening snack: wild berry fruit leather
I started to pack for Disney last night which meant pulling out all the summer clothes – not an easy task! Luckily I discovered Gossip Girl on Netflix, so that made packing a bit more enjoyable. I was able to set aside 20 minutes for a quick yoga workout filled with lots of hip openers and I’m glad I did!
I followed a free Yoga podcast from yogadownload.com, a first for me. I did okay following the instructions without having an visual example to emulate, but I didn’t love it. I’ll give it another try though – I did enjoy practicing yoga at home from my iPhone!
Have you ever used a Yoga podcast before? Any suggestions for podcasts worth checking out?
Are you a Gossip Girl fan? I have never seen an episode before last night, but I may be hooked already!