January 23, 2013 by Sarah
How is it already Wednesday night?!
I had to replace the battery in my scale so “Weigh-in Wednesday” will happen on tomorrow morning. For some reason, “Weigh-in Thursday” just doesn’t have the same ring to it.
Here is a quick recap of my meals and moves for today.
- Breakfast: banana oat bar before my workout, Starbucks oatmeal after
- Lunch: eggplant rollatini
- Afternoon snack: cappuccino and a mini Clif Builder Bar
- Dinner: salad with walnuts, feta, and cranberries; baked pork chops with roasted asparagus and sweet potatoes
- Evening snack: air popped popcorn with chocolate chips
I go to a gym on a college campus and it is a totally different place in the morning compared to the evening. As hard as it can sometimes be to get to the gym before work, I love when I do because I feel like I have the gym all to myself.
Plus, I’m still learning my way around the squat rack so the empty gym was very much appreciated.
Here is what my workout looked like today…
- Squats 5×5
- Overhead press 5×5
- Deadline 5×3
- 5 minutes of Nike Training Club ab exercises
This took me about 25 minutes to complete. I finished off my workout with 10 minutes on the bike.
I’m still getting used to doing this olympic style type of strength training. I’m used to doing more reps and completing more of a circuit style workout, but it’s nice to try something new.
Do you lift weights? What kind of strength training do you do?