January 25, 2013 by Sarah
When the temperature is below freezing, I workout inside. Sure, that may mean I’m not very “extreme” or whatever, but I’m okay with that.
I really wanted to run outside, but it was way too cold – the treadmill to the rescue!
I know a lot of people either love or hate the treadmill. I don’t fall into either boat – I’m just kinda eh about it, no strong feelings one way or another. Last night the treadmill was my friend and I was glad to be running inside.
My goal was to do a tempo run. I did a half mile warm up (at 6.0, 10:00 pace), 2.5 miles tempo (at 6.5, 9:13 pace), and finished with a half mile cool down. Recently I have been running anywhere between a 9:30-10:00 mile pace, so it felt great to push it a little bit.
Here is a recap of my meals and moves for yesterday…
- Breakfast – 2 eggs with hot sauce and a banana oat bar
- Lunch – salad with onion, tomato, and shredded mozzarella; celery and peanut butter
- Mid-afternoon snack – peppermint stick Luna bar (my favorite!!!); an apple
- Dinner – brussel sprout, sweet potato, chicken skillet (yum!!)
- Late-night snack – hot chocolate, small piece of Trader Joe’s dark chocolate
3.5 mi tempo run (.5 mi warm up, 2.5 mi tempo, .5 mi cool down) – 32:55 – 9:24 overall pace
Overall, it was a pretty good day!
What did your meals and moves look like for today?