January 27, 2013 by Sarah
How is it already Sunday night? Ugh. This weekend went by way too quickly.
Before I get into the weekend, I wanted to review my workouts for the week. This was my first week back to the gym and running after the marathon and I’m feeling good! I got a solid week of strength training in, but I didn’t get in as many miles as I was hoping for.
- Monday: Strength training, 30 min
- Tuesday: 3 mi; 30:50, 10:16 pace
- Wednesday: Strength training, 25 min; Bike (hills), 10 min
- Thursday: 3.5 mi, tempo (0.5 mi warm-up, 2.5 mi @ 6.5, 0.5 cool-down); 32:55, 9:24 pace
- Friday: Strength training, 28 min
- Saturday: I wanted to run 5 mi, but that didn’t happen!
- Sunday: Rest
Goal mileage: 12; Actual mileage: 6.5
Soo this weekend was a hectic one! After our Friday night plans were derailed with the snow, Mark and I had a nice night in.
On Saturday morning, my wonderful husband made me breakfast before I headed to a Junior League meeting. Then Mark and I took a bus trip to Atlantic City with some friends for the day. Yes, we are 70 years old… we had a blast!
On Sunday, we had a lazy morning (we were tired after spending Saturday in AC!) and then met friends for lunch and bowling. I am a terrible bowler, but it’s always a fun time.
The rest of the day was spent prepping for the week and relaxing. I had a great weekend but it was filled with a bit too much food and not enough working out/activity. I’ll have to work on that for next time…
What did you do this weekend?