February 4, 2013 by Sarah
I officially started training for the Nike Women’s Marathon Half DC last week. I am really looking forward to this race and I’m happy to have a training plan to keep me motivated (which I need with the cold weather!).
My training last week went well. I did a little bit of everything – strength training, running, yoga – and I’m feeling good!
- Monday, 1/28: 20 minutes of strength training; Run 2 miles (18:38, 9:19 pace)
- Tuesday, 1/29: Rest/Sick Day
- Wednesday, 1/30: 25 minutes of strength training; 10 minutes of cross-training (stair-stepper)
This thing is a bit boring – I was surprised how sweaty I was at the end of 10 minutes!
- Thursday, 1/31: 4 windy, cold miles (39:49, 9:56 pace)
Pre-run photo – first time wearing my Disney Marathon shirt for a run! This was a super windy and chilly run, but it felt good to get outside. So many of my runs have been on a treadmill recently!
- Friday, 2/1: 25 minutes of strength training; 25 minutes of cross-training (15 minutes on the bike, 10 minutes on the elliptical)
- Saturday, 2/2: Hot Yoga (90 minutes)
This is my 2nd time trying out Bikram yoga. I enjoy it because I challenge myself in a new and different way. If you are in the Philadelphia area, I recommend checking out Bikram Yoga University City – it’s a great studio!
- Sunday, 2/3: 5 miles on the treadmill (46:50, 9:22 pace)
It was cold(ish) so I decided to run on the treadmill. I am ready to get outside this week – I’ve missed it!
Weekly Mileage: 11 miles; Total Mileage: 11 miles
I’m aiming for 15 miles in week 2, I’m ready for it!
Here’s a little Monday motivation for you, courtesy of FitSugar.
Are you training for a race right now? How’s your training going?
Happy Monday – make it a good one! 🙂