February 10, 2013 by Sarah
This past week was a busy one – I celebrated my birthday on Tuesday and Mark spent most of the week in Florida for work. I tried to stick with my routine as much as possible. I was successful in getting my workouts in, but had no motivation to cook!
Here are my workouts and meals for week 2 of my half marathon training…
- Monday: 30 minutes strength training, elliptical for 10 minutes
- Tuesday: 3 mile birthday run in the snow! 29:02, 9:38 pace
- Wednesday: 20 minutes strength training, bike for 15 minutes
- Thursday: 4 miles on the treadmill; 37:25, 9:21pace
- Friday: 30 minutes strength training
- Saturday: 5 mile run; 49:40, 9:55 pace
- Sunday: Rest Day!
Weekly mileage: 12 miles, Total Mileage: 23 miles
My meals were not super exciting this week. Since Mark was gone for most of the week, I ate a lot of stuff that was quick and easy to prepare. For whatever reason, I didn’t feel like cooking this week… so I didn’t! I’m looking forward to cooking more this week and was happy to have a break from cooking last week.
- Monday: Pork stir fry
- Tuesday: Turkey burger on a salad
- Wednesday: Turkey sub with lots of veggies (from Subway)
- Thursday: Turkey and ham sandwich (yes, essentially a repeat of Wednesday…)
- Friday: Out to dinner for my birthday!
- Saturday: Celebrating my birthday with a girl’s night!
- Sunday: Pizza and salad
Can’t believe we are starting another week already! I’m aiming for 15 miles next week and 3 days of strength training. It should be a good week for workouts and hopefully I’ll have some great recipes/meal ideas to share as well.
Do you have days were you just don’t feel like cooking?
I know a lot of you are training for upcoming races – how is your training going?